If you arrive by train, bus, bike, sailing boat or on foot (all of these are possible, both St Germans and Hayle are well connected) we will knock £25 off your holiday! However if we can't tempt you away from your car (or you are doubly green) we offer the option to offset your holiday carbon use. For £25 we will plant a tree for you, or a number of tree saplings, or create and maintain three metres of wildlife hedge.If you would like a particular sort of tree, then please let us know.
We pledge that all trees are planted in addition to our normal planting programme. We have also pledged as a business to develop our natural environment each year to ensure our land is rewarding to nature for many years to come.
Thank you tree champions! - your donations have paid for a community orchard in St Germans as part of the rejuventation of the recreation ground (The Rec). They have been undersown with wildflower seeds and will provide valuable nectar for pollinators, food for birds and villagers and pleasure for all. We have also pledged money towards a community tree planting scheme at Moor Barton on Dartmoor for the autumn of 2021.
If you know of a community scheme that would benefit from a donation of trees, do please contact us. We are particularly keen to plant community orchards.We have also made the decision that we will match fund any tree donations, and these additional funds will be spent on general tree and hedge planting schemes.
As part of our endeavour to grow the environment we have planted hedge whips and self sown apple trees along the border at Colgear woods. In 2021 we also planted over 250 mixed hawthorn and wildlife hedging whips at Cuttivett, 100 oak trees and a mixture of Rowan, Service Trees, Sweet Chestnut, Walnut, Beech and Silver Birch at Colgear Woods, to make for a greater broadleaf mix. In the autumn of 2021 we will be ordering lime trees to add to the mix.
Railholiday Tree Champions
- Walsh OLV 22 - x2 tbc
- Fawcett Harvey 21 - tbc
- Lister - as a gift - 4 Walnut trees (Colgear Woods)
- Williams - OLV 21 - 5 Service Trees (Coldgear Woods)
- Lee - Millpool 21 - 5 Rowan (Coldgear Woods)
- Hall - TPO January 21 - 5 Rowan (Coldgear Woods)
- Loy - Millpool May 21, dedicated to the memory of their daughter, Khloemae - Cherry, Cuttivett
- Chris and Stephen Brookes Kindly donated as a COVID gift - Apricot (Cuttivett), and 5 Silver birch (Colgear Woods)
- Cane - TPO May 21 - grown for their son - Horse Chestnut (Coldgear Woods)
- Cullinane - dedicated to the memory of Ray - 2 Sweet Chestnuts (Coldgear Woods)
- Rawat - Mevy October 20 - 5 Silver Birch (Colgear Woods)
- McNeill Mevy October 20 - Pear (Cuttivett)
- Sutherland - Cherry (Cuttivett)
- Cripps - Mevy August 20 - Pear (Cuttivett)
- Saffrey - TPO May 20 - Cherry (Cuttivett)
- Power - Millpool May 20 - Quince (Cuttivett)
- Coulson - Mevy June 20 - Quince (Cuttivett)
- Taylor - OLV September 20 - Quince (Cuttivett)
- Kirsten Elliot and Andrew Swift - OLV December 19 - Crab Apple (OLV garden)
- Lister - as a gift - Pendragon Apple Tree (The Rec)
- Gower - Millpool June 20 - Quince (The Rec)
- Devine - Mevy October 19 - - Pear (The Rec)
- Marks - OLV March 2020 - Pear (The Rec)
- Rees - Harvey November 19 - Pear (The Rec)
- Coward - Mevy September 19 - Apple (The Rec)
- Flynn - Mevy May 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Bennet - TPO June 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Lowe - Millpool June 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Kevin Eastland - OLV November 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Kenneth Smith - Harvey October 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Vincent Morris - Millpool Jan 18 - Apple (The Rec)
- Keith and Viv Chesterton - TPO October 17 - Apple (The Rec)
- Andrew and Tracy Ball - TPO May 18- Apple (The Rec)
In the winter of 2016 we planted trees on Lizzy's parents land at Cuttivett, near Landrake.
- Andrew Snowdon - OLV January 17 - Mountain Ash (Cuttivett)
- Sarah and Phil Bennett - TPO January 17 - Lime (Cuttivett)
- Roy Fidoe - TPO September 17 - Mountain Ash (Cuttivett)
- Keith and Viv Chesterton - TPO October 2016 - Mountrain Ash (Cuttivett)
- Ian Walton - TPO August 2016 - Mountain Ash (Cuttivett)
- Angela Reading - Mevy May 2016 - Golden Hornet crab apple (St Germans)
- Fiona Watson - OLV February 16- sour cherry and pear (Hayle)
- Mr and Mrs Shipton - January 16 - pear and sweet cherry (St Germans)
- Sarah and Phil Bennett - TPO October 15 - sour cherry and plum (St Germans)
- Kevin Eastland - OLV November 2015 - plum and pear (St Germans)
- Helen Arnold - Harvey June 2015 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- Phil Grombridge - OLV April 2015 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- Mr and Mrs Fardoe - Mevy March 2015 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- Frankie and Tony Lister - kindly donated four apple trees they had acquired. (St Germans)
- Mr and Mrs Cullinane - Mevy July 2014 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- Kevin Eastland - OLV November 2014 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- The Furlong family - Mevy - 2014 - apple tree (St Germans)
- The Crick family - TPO 2014 - pear tree (Hayle)
- Sarah and Phil Bennett - TPO 2014 - 20 mixed wildlife hedge whips.
- In memory of Pete Tunnycliff - 2014 - magnolia grandiflora (Colgear Woods)
- Evelyn Tunnycliff - 2014 - pear tree (on boundary of Colgear woods)
- Mrs R Jones - OLV 2014 - apple tree - blossom and food (Hayle)
- Ms A Croall - Mevy 2013 - Christmas Pippin Apple Tree (By Mevy)
- Jo and Lil Lanyon - Harvey 2013 - Paulonia - the foxglove tree (St Germans)
- Mags and family - Harvey 2013 - pear tree (Hayle)
- Thomas Cadwallader and his Dad - TPO 2013 - 25 Hazel whips for a hazel copse - wildlife food (Hayle).
- Maltese Phil - Harvey 2010 - Damson tree - spring blossom and summer fruit. (Hayle)
- Kath and Piers Revell - Harvey 2011 and 2013 - Almond tree and plum tree - spring blossom and autumn food. (by Mevy)
- Sarah and Phil Bennett - OLV 2013 - Sorbus - Mountain Ash - chosen for its spring flowers and autumn berries for the bird (by Mevy).