Company DetailsRailholiday is a limited company registered in England with the number: 4696398
The registered address is: Haparanda Station, St Germans, SALTASH, Cornwall, PL12 5LU
The VAT number is: 197225482
Booking Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Special Conditions: In light of this global emergency some parts of our terms and conditions are being relaxed and altered as advised on our Covid-19 page. The situation is being kept under review.
1) The Applicant certifies that they are authorised to accept the Declaration below on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property and that they are all, apart from infants, aware of the Booking Conditions. Unless specifically agreed otherwise with Railholiday Ltd (The Company), the Applicant must be one of the party staying in the property.
2) No booking will be valid until the Booking Deposit of £150 per week pro rata, subject to a minimum of £150, has been received by The Company and a Confirmation returned to the Applicant.
3) The balance of the rental money must be received by the date advised on the Confirmation which will be 12 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. For holidays booked within 12 weeks of the start date, full payment of the rental must be made at the time of booking.
4) If you have to cancel your holiday you should write to/email Railholiday Ltd at the address on the Confirmation. The day on which your correspondence is received is your date of cancellation. You will then be refunded the money you have paid less the Cancellation Charge shown below. If you cancel before your balance is due you will be refunded 25% of your deposit and any monies paid in excess of the mandatory deposit will be refunded in full.
Days between cancellation and holiday start
More than 84 days
75% of deposit
50% of holiday cost
75% of holiday cost
90% of holiday cost
Total holiday cost
5) The maximum number of people who may occupy the property and the surrounding grounds is as advertised, except by prior agreement with Railholiday Ltd. The maximum party size for booking only one end of Harvey is six. If your party is larger than six, you will also need to book the West End.
6) Dogs and cats are allowed as advertised, subject to the charges shown and the prior agreement of Railholiday Ltd. They are accepted on condition that the Applicant accepts liability for any damage they may do and undertakes not to leave them unattended in the property. Suitable bedding and covers for seats must be brought for them and any fouling of the site must be cleared immediately. Dogs must be on leads when outside the garden area associated with the particular property. Other pets may be accepted at the discretion of The Company and subject to any conditions The Company may wish to impose. The Company reserves the right to have a pet that is causing a nuisance to other guests removed from the property.
7) No smoking is allowed inside the property.
8) Electricity, all other services and the use of bed linen and towels are included in the holiday cost quoted in the price list.
9) The property will be available from 3.30pm on the holiday start day and must be vacated by 10.30am on the finish day except by special arrangement with Railholiday Ltd.
10) Any complaints must be made to Railholiday Ltd immediately
11) Whilst Railholiday Ltd takes every reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the Website and any supporting information, it cannot be held liable for inaccuracies, although The Company undertakes to notify the Applicant as soon as possible of any material changes.
12) The use of the amenities provided by Railholiday Ltd such as barbecue facilities, play equipment etc is entirely at users/gaurdians risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons or loss or damage to any belongings of persons who use them except as provided in paragraph 14 below.
13) If the property should not be available for any reason outside of the control of Railholiday Ltd or for any reason The Company is not able to comply with this agreement, The Company shall refund to the Applicant all monies paid. Railholiday Ltd's liability is limited to refunding such monies.
14) Railholiday Ltd shall have no liability for the death of, or personal injury to, the Applicant or any member of their party, unless it results from The Companies act or omission. The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage to the personal property of the Applicant or their party.
15) All contracts will be deemed to have been made in Cornwall and be subject to English Law.
In booking a holiday the Applicant signifies agreement with the following declaration;
I declare that I am over 18 years of age and agree that this booking is made in accordance with the 'Booking Conditions' shown above. I agree to be held responsible for the balance of the rental. I undertake to take care of the property, to not allow smoking inside and to pay for any damage caused to it or its contents by me or my party. I will leave the property in a clean and tidy condition and will return the key as arranged.
About this policy
The Data Controller (the organisation responsible for looking after your data) is Railholiday Ltd ("we", "our", "us").
The collection and use of personal
data is essential to the operation of our business and we are committed
to protecting your information and have set out below the data
protection principles we follow.
This policy covers our dealings with people who have booked or are looking for a holiday. Our customers must be over the age of 18 and we do not therefore collect personal information from children. We will update our Privacy and Cookies Policy as data protection law or business practice changes. You can always find the latest version of this policy on our website. This version of the policy is effective from 16 May 2018.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is David Stroud, who may be contacted via email at DPO@Railholiday.co.uk or via post to: The Data Protection Officer, Railholiday Ltd, Haparanda Station, St Germans, Saltash, Cornwall. PL12 5LU.
We generally use your data either on the basis of your consent, or based
on a contract between us (e.g. when you book a holiday). You have the right to withdraw your consent.
All our marketing communications include an unsubscribe link, to make
it easy to withdraw consent and if you do so, we will stop processing
your data and you will stop receiving marketing information from us.
If you book a holiday with us we need to retain your data so we can process the booking. That is because the contract between us is the basis for using your data (rather than consent). For more information, see the Legal Basis of Processing section below. If you are concerned about the processing of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see above). If you are unhappy with our use of your data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, which supervises data protection in the UK.
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data. You also have the right to request that we correct or remove your data, when there remains no legal basis for keeping it. Please note that when these rights are exercised, we will conduct identification checks in order to ensure your privacy is safeguarded. You will need to contact us by email or post, to exercise these rights
Personal information we collect
In order to provide you with the best possible holiday service, we may collect the following information:
- Identification: name, title, age.
- Contact details: postal addresses (main and billing), phone numbers, email addresses.
- Account login details: email address, password (which is stored in encrypted form).
- Bookings: property booked, holiday start/end dates, cost of holiday, amounts paid, limited details of other people booked on the same holiday (names, gender, age range), preferences eg. diet, allergies, significant dates eg. birthdays, anniversaries.
- Marketing preferences: whether you wish to receive marketing information from us, and if so, by which methods (postal, email, telephone, SMS).
- Payment: method, the last four digits of card numbers, payment card expiry date, amounts collected, third party payment service provider references. We do not capture or store your full card details when payment is made online as this is handled by our payment service providers (see below).When payment is made over the telephone, no payment card details are retained by us after being uploaded to our payment service provider.
- Browsing: historical searches, how you use our website and mobile apps, website experience user survey responses, the devices and IP addresses you use to access our services (operating system, browser). We collect this information so that we can continuously improve our website and our service to you.
- Holiday experience: any feedback you leave, responses to surveys, whether you have a pet, interests (e.g. preferred holiday type, such as walking holidays).
- Communication: emails, customer service cases, responses to questionnaires, competition entries, your interaction with our marketing eg. we track when links are clicked in our marketing emails to help ensure our communications are relevant and interesting.
- Electronic identifiers: cookies, IP addresses. These electronic identifiers are essential for you to get full functionality from our website, however you can disable cookies in your browser settings if you wish.
Through our partnerships, we may receive some of the above information from other companies you use (e.g. other online holiday companies that feature our properties). In such cases, those companies must also inform you about their use of your data.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Manage your holiday booking
- Manage your online accounts
- Process your payments
- Select the most appropriate holiday property for you and provide the best information, offers etc
- Communicate with you, including for example, responding to your emails, messages on social media, handling customer service matters
- Manage competitions, promotions and special offers in which you participate
- With your permission, send you relevant marketing information such as details of competitions, special offers and properties we think will be of interest to you
- Understand how to improve our services
- Detect and prevent fraud or abuse of our services
- Make sure our servers and websites are operating correctly
How we collect personal information
We receive personal information from:
- You, as you provide it to us (e.g. when booking a holiday, leaving a review or enquiring about letting a property)
- Your use of our website
- Third party companies who advertise our properties
- Third party booking agencies such as Air BnB
- Your interaction with our marketing activities (provided you have not unsubscribed)
- Third party review services such as TripAdvisor
Legal basis of processing
The grounds on which we will store and use your data are as follows:
- Consent: for certain types of processing (e.g. marketing activities), we rely on your consent to use your data. You may withdraw your consent at any time (see Your rights, above).
- Contract: much of the time, our use of your data will be because of the contract between us in relation to your holiday booking. We will usually retain relevant data for up to six years from the date the contract completes, generally the last day of your holiday.
- Legal obligations: we are under binding legal obligations, such as accounting to the government for tax and making financial records available for audit, to retain data for to seven years from the date of the transaction.
- Legitimate interests: we use data to manage our operations and to make business process improvements. Our legitimate interests will never override your right to privacy.
How we share your personal information
Our booking system provider is 247 Booking which is a trading name of
Chycor Ltd, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5SU. If you book direct with us
online then you are entering your information onto their system. If you
book over the phone or by any other means, we will upload your details
to their system. They are under strict obligations to protect your
privacy and will only use your information to manage your holiday
Card payments are processed by Secure Trading Limited, 19th Floor, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NR. They are fully Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant and if you book online, they alone have access to your card details. If you book over the phone with us, your card details are entered online into the Secure Trading virtual terminal to process the payment. No record is kept by us of your card details.
If you permit us to send you marketing information:
- Postal mailings are usually only once a year and include a newsletter. These are done in house and delivered by Royal Mail
- We may store your data in cloud services provided by third parties. Those third parties do not have any right to access your data
Security of your data
- We protect your data with various technological measures
- We regularly evaluate the security of our systems, updating safeguards as appropriate
- Our staff are trained in the importance of data security and privacy and we treat breaches as disciplinary matters
Booking on Behalf of Others
If you are booking a holiday on behalf of another person, perhaps as a gift, it is a condition of doing so that you have obtained the consent of that person for us to have their personal information. We will only use this information in connection with the booking and not for marketing purposes unless we have their consent to do so.
Back to TOP
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They are typically used to help the website recognise you when you return, or to keep track of the items that you have indicated your interest in. The cookies used on our website pose no risk or harm to you or your computer. In fact, they help guarantee that the high level of service you receive from us is consistently delivered throughout your online experience. Cookies help to enhance your visit by creating tailored browsing, specific to your requirements.
use the site and to gather data to enhance its performance. This is
important to us as we want to improve your browsing experience. Our
cookies are not used to collect any sensitive information about you or
anything that can identify you personally.
You can manage your cookies preferences by adjusting your browser
settings. You can delete or disable cookies and change your settings as
frequently as you wish. Every browser is different so you can find out
how to do this by looking at the 'Help' options on your browser. For
more information on this you can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You need to be aware that if you choose to disable cookies from your browser it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Back to TOP
Back to TOP
All copyright in the entire Railholiday.co.uk and associated websites remains with Railholiday Limited or the individual supplying material / photographs.